There’s nothing like pancakes for breakfast. But if you’re on the Keto diet, that doesn’t mean you have to skip the joy of delicious pancakes. You can try ket pancakes, which are prepared in a matter of minutes. You can easily involve children in the process of creating them – they love to mix the flour into the dough.
The peculiarity of these pancakes is the complete absence of flour. How is this possible? Keep reading!
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- Butter, for frying and serving
- Take a medium bowl and whisk almond flour, eggs, cream cheese, and lemon zest for 3-4 minutes or until smooth.
- Now heat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and melt 1 tbsp. butter in it.
- After that, pour in 2 tbsp. batter and cook for about 2 minutes until golden. Flip the pancake and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the pancake and serve topped with butter.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining batter
How to make denser dough?
If you want the edges of the pancakes not to dry out and the dough to be a little denser, add 1 tablespoon of psyllium powder to 4 eggs and mix thoroughly. These pancakes are thicker and perhaps a little more similar to regular pancakes, but they break more easily.
How to make same-sized ket pancakes?
Measure the dough. To make all the pancakes the same, beautiful, and evenly fried, measure the dough. For my small skillet, I use 2 tbsp. batter. A glass, measuring cup, or something similar will do
How to serve keto pancakes?
These pancakes have a rich and creamy flavor that pairs perfectly with low-carb fruits and a little dairy-free whipped cream! You can also serve them with cottage cheese, fruit fillings or berries, tea, and coffee.
Health Benefits of Almond Flour
- Almond flour contains a lot of monounsaturated fats, which lower “bad” cholesterol and normalize blood pressure.
- It is full of essential vitamins and minerals such as magnesium and calcium.
- 100 g of almond flour contains as much as 26 g of protein, 54.5 g of fat, and only 13 g of carbohydrates. So it is the best solution for a keto diet!
How to store keto pancakes?
You can store keto pancakes in the freezer as soon as they cooled down. It will work out beautifully! Reheat them in the microwave or oven when you want to serve. Increase the amount of ingredients if you like to store keto pancakes for weekdays.
If you like the recipe, share your experience in the comment box. We would love to hear from you.